The Fire Basket Ltd
Terms and Conditions
On acceptance of this order, you agree to the terms and conditions of this binding contract.
1. Any outstanding balance on your account must be paid before the goods leave the premises. Payments may be made by Credit Card, Debit Card, Cash or Cheque. Cheques require a min. of 7 days for clearance. All our prices include VAT at the current rate. Due to unforeseen circumstances, if you need to cancel this order, after your Fireplace or Fire has been delivered to our stores, or is in transit to us, or has reached a stage in its process when the manufacturer is unable to accept our cancellation, the following penalties apply :-
a. Special or custom Fireplaces and Fires, to your own specification cannot be refunded or taken back.
b. Standard Fireplaces or Fires can be refunded less a 20% handling/restocking charge. However, if you wish to purchase a different Fireplace or Fire, The Fire Basket Ltd will review this charge in the light of each individual order.
Natural/ Man-made Products
2. The Customer must accept that the products being purchased is Natural or is designed to look Natural and as such there will always be variations in the product seen in the store and the product that is delivered. The Fire Basket Ltd cannot guarantee that a natural, or natural look product, will precisely resemble the samples held by the store and goods cannot be refunded. Real Marble, Conglomerate Marble, Agglomerate Marble and Limestone are natural materials which are inherently unsound varying from ‘shakiness’ in some varieties to extensive open veining in others. All are sold subject to their natural defects, stopped and filled as necessary and customary.
3. If an item has to be ordered from a manufacturer a delivery estimate will be given on your invoice and is the best estimate of delivery at the time an order is placed. On occasions manufacturers are unable to meet their original delivery estimates through production difficulties or raw material shortages. We are unable to be held responsible for delivery delays outside of our control and if a customer requires that a specific delivery estimate forms part of their contract of purchase this must be stated, in writing, on the invoice at the time the purchase is made.
4. Scheduled deliveries are operated on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings, for which there is a small charge.
5. If unable to accept a pre-arranged delivery, 24 hours notice must be given to delay the delivery.
6. If goods are delivered to you or your representative, you must sign to say you have inspected and accepted the goods. If you give up this right or sign “Unchecked” or the equivalent of, No claim can be made to The Fire Basket Ltd for any defects or damage, chips or marks in the goods.
7. The Fire Basket Ltd specialise in the sale and supply of Fireplaces and Fires. We do not install Fireplaces or Fires.
8. Any installers that are recommended by The Fire Basket Ltd are self employed. If requested by you the customer, The Fire Basket Ltd will get an installer to contact you directly. All payment for installation is paid to the installer directly.
9. The Fire Basket Ltd cannot be liable for any losses, costs, charges or expenses caused by any aspect of installation/installers.
10. Any estimates provided by The Fire Basket Ltd for installation are approximate and charges should be agreed directly between the customer and the customers chosen installer.
11. You are under no obligation to use our recommended installers.
12. It is the customers’ responsibility to check the Gas Safe/CORGI or HETAS registers identification card before any GAS work is carried out.
13. All goods MUST be inspected and accepted prior to installation taking place. No claim can be made to The Fire Basked Ltd for any defects in the product after installation has taken place.
14. We endeavour to honour an agreed installation date, but due to unforeseen circumstances this may need to be rescheduled.
15. The Fire Basket Ltd will not accept liability for any cost incurred as a result of incorrect measurements or information supplied by the customer.
16. It is the customers’ responsibility to check all the information printed on this invoice is correct at the time of the order.
17. Images on our website, although very accurate, never justify visiting our showroom and seeing, feeling and touching the various products yourself. We do not make any claim to the accuracy of the information on our websites sizes and dimensions, it is better to talk to our sales staff to gain the information.